- Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Financial Advising
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Senior Associate of Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
Simon specialises in complex and large liability claims and financial losses.
He is experienced across all areas of liability insurance, with a particular focus on property damage and economic loss, products liability, professional indemnity and construction liability.
Other areas of expertise include financial risks (fidelity guarantee, business interruption, cyber risks) and contract works.
Simon’s experience prior to joining Technical Assessing includes Qld Team Leader and Executive Liability Adjuster at a national loss adjusting firm specialising in liability work. He has also worked as a lawyer and financial adviser. As a lawyer Simon focused on commercial and property transactions, contracts and litigation. When working in finance he was involved with financial analysis, superannuation, investments and insurance as a risk management strategy.
Clients appoint Simon to provide:
- Detailed reports including analysis of evidence, legal liability and policy cover;
- Financial analysis of losses such as construction costs, rectification costs resulting from defective products or services, product recall expenses, economic loss, cyber event expenses, loss of gross profit and increased costs of working;
- Practical advice and recommendations to manage and resolve matters.