- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil with Architecture), University of New South Wales
- Diploma of Loss Adjusting, Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF)
- Senior Associate of the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF)
- Affiliate of the Australasian Institute of Charted Loss Adjusters (AICLA)
- Member of The Institution of Engineers, Australia.
Following completion of his university degree, Geoffrey began his career as a loss adjuster in 2014 and with a focus in construction and engineering claims.
Geoffrey specialises in public and products liability, professional indemnity, and contract works, all within the construction and engineering space.
Some of Geoffrey’s notable claims which encompass initial investigations, comments on liability (where applicable) and policy indemnity, quantum assessment and settlement:
- Short tail and SME builders for contract works claims from major perils (storms, fire, floods etc) damage and liability losses.
- Defective waterproofing claims and experience with different DE/LEG clauses and their interpretations.
- Defence (denial of liability) of professional indemnity claims against Engineer for defective pool and works.
- Contract works claim for the collapse of formwork. Including assessment of insured and uninsured losses, pursuing recovery of costs. Value of claim at over $1 million.
- Engineering claims for HVAC system and machinery. Investigation into causation of alleged defective works.
- Liability claims – collapse of neighbouring building caused by alleged defective/inappropriate works by engineer. Geoffrey’s tasks included assessing the contact works claim, investigation into causation and pursuing recovery/apportionment of liability to responsible consultants. Geoffrey also continued reporting to lawyers following litigation of the matter.
- $650,000.00 claim for damage to aluminium window frames allegedly caused by the Insured incorrectly fixing skirtings with a nail gun. It was alleged that the nails compromised the window frames and has led to water ingress to over 200 apartments. This investigation involved interviewing the Insured and Claimant and presenting unbiased and fact reports to Insurers. Geoffrey was also retained to provide an expert witness opinion on the quantum.
- Various contract works claims for losses to road projects from major perils. Claims value between $250,000.00 and $1.5 million.
- Flood damage to Windsor Bridge and surrounding site from a storm event in February 2020 and flood event in March 2021. Value of $500k and $1.5 million. Geoffrey interviewed representatives of the Agency and Principal Contractor and conducted a thorough site inspection of the damage to the site.
- Lift/elevator claims due to water ingress. Highest claim value was over $1.5 million and included a detailed review/scrutiny of the claimed costs. Various co-Insurers were involved.